PANA work-in-progress framework for approaching immigration reform work
March 10, 2019 (v.1f)
• A fair pathway to citizenship and full integration for immigrants, trafficked victims, adoptees, asylum seekers, and refugees while offering them a protected status against criminalization, detention and deportation while they plead their cases.
• We call for an end to re-criminalization and deportation proceedings against all reformed immigrant inmates and support full pardons including a fair pathway to citizenship.
• We demand the repeal of unjust policies that remove due process of for non-citizens.
• We demand reduction of visa backlogs, removal of national origin quotas, and granting a speedy process for family reunification, and increased funding for immigration courts.
• We call for the eradication of ICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement), termination of the immigration-related components of CBP (U.S. Customs and Border Protection), the demilitarization of all U.S. borders.
• We oppose all policies that enforce, enable, allow, or otherwise support any systems or acts of child abduction, incarceration, or human trafficking.
• We oppose the businesses profiting from for-profit prisons and public financing of entities which engage in human trafficking activities.• We oppose U.S. military, political and economic intervention which brings death and destruction to sovereign nations, giving rise to, and exacerbating climate change and the human refugee crisis.
As Asians are a majority immigrant population in the United States, it only makes sense that an organization dedicated to fighting for full equality and justice for Asian people operate according to basic guidelines specific to the question of immigrant rights. We welcome any volunteers to help us further develop this position and continue to integrate the addressing of this issue in our work in various arenas including healthcare, education, language justice, etc.